This knee rug or sofa throw is soft and lightweight and would be perfect to snuggle under in front of an open fire. By simply placing on the back of your favourite chair it is all ready for use as well as adding another detail to enhance your room.
I have hand woven this sofa throw in a blanket twill pattern which adds an element of texture to the rug. In the warp threads I have hand dyed every alternate thread a deep red. The other warp threads and the weft I have not dyed so they are the natural colour of the wool.
- Yarn type : Maniototo Wool Yarn
- Colours : Dark Red / natural cream
- Size: 57″ x 44” (145 x 112 cm), excluding the fringe
- Fringe : Yes, 1″ (2.5 cm)
- Care : Gently handwash in warm water. After final rinse place knee rug on a quick light spin in washing machine to remove excess water. Dry flat in shade.
The yarn that has been used for this sofa throw is New Zealand Maniototo wool. This is from sheep farmed in Central Otago. The sheep have been especially bred to create the softest of wools.
The size of this sofa throw is 57 by 44 inches (145 by 112cm). This excludes the fringe which is 1 inch (2.5cm) long. It has been hand hemstitched at either end.
You will need to gently hand wash in warm water. Rinse the sofa throw and to help with the ease of drying you can put the rug in a quick light spin in the washing machine to remove excess liquid. Then dry flat out of the sunlight.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my work.